Depression is an emotional disorder that causes a feeling of constant sadness and a loss of interest in doing different activities. Occasionally, we all feel blue or sad, but these feelings are usually temporary and get over in a short time. Instead, when a person has a depressive disorder, it interferes with daily life and affects the normal performance of their daily activities.
Although it is a common disease, it is considered serious.
Do you feel like this? Be careful with the following: Social isolation. It’s super common to want to stay home and not go out. Hopefully having as little social interaction with other people. physical pains. our state of mind can somatize that feeling to your body. Loss of interest in life. Interest in doing daily activities is lost and it is difficult to give the necessary importance to everything you do. Outbursts of anger, irritability, or frustration, even over minor matters. Sleep disturbances, such as insomnia or sleeping too much. Tiredness and lack of energy, so that even small tasks require more effort. Lack of appetite and weight loss, or more food cravings and weight gain. Anxiety, agitation or restlessness. Slow to reason, speak and make body movements. Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixation on past failures, or self-reproach Difficulty thinking, concentrating, making decisions, and remembering things Suicidal thoughts. Already a very advanced painting can generate this.
Some of the causes of depression are having suffered traumatic or stressful events, such as physical or sexual abuse, the death of a loved one, or financial problems. Going through a significant change in life, even if it was planned. Having a medical problem, such as cancer, stroke, or chronic pain.
Here are some tips so you can deal with depression.
- Do you feel disconnected and alone? Remember that God is always by your side.
- Turn on that divine connection Update your thoughts with the Word of God!
- Read those verses that encourage you to overcome any obstacle.
- Listen to music that uplifts you and worship God with everything.
- Share your struggles with trusted friends who can pray with you and pick you up when you feel low. Sometimes depression creeps in when we feel lost. But God has an amazing plan for your life! You set goals based on your purpose and work towards them with passion. Remember, you are loved and valuable in God’s eyes! Depression may try to rob you of joy, but in Christ we have victory.
If you need help contact us, we will be here to help you!